Alright so I am clearly in love with the show GIRLS on HBO and tonight the show had its season finale. Man this show is the shiz nit, I can’t stop laughing and feeling awkward all at the same time. I love it! This episode in particular fell really close to home for me, it was random, awkward, hysterical, and real all at the same time. The show dealt with many of the tribulations that we go through in our twenties, the relationships we deal with whether with friends, boyfriends, and most importantly ourselves. Lets recap: Spoiler Alert read at your own will or after you watch the season finale.
- Marnie moves out of the apartment leaving the room vacant, and leaving and opportunity for her and Adam to take their relationship to another level when he suggest he moves in. As someone who usually breaks into hives at this kind of suggestion I felt my stomach sink for them.
- The “gang” is all invited to a mystery party this is suppose to be the biggest ever so dress to impress, which they do. Especially Adam who wears “not one, but two plaids”-Hannah.
- “Dude if I didn’t know any better I’d guess she’s getting married”-Charlie. So the dress to impress party turns out to be Jessa’s wedding to the cop from Bridesmaids who freaked out at her and Marnie when they didn’t have a threesome with him. This girl could be a candidate for a half way home for sure. I do have to say though this wedding is tres chic.
- “I wore white, I wore white to her wedding, because how could I’ve known, because nobody told me”-Shoshanna. Shosh is probably my favorite character on the show. She’s real, she speaks whats on her mind even if it means she is going to look like a socially awkward outcast…. I LOVE HER! This episode we see another side to her, one in which she lets her feelings be known, out loud. You can tell she is immediately hurt by the fact that her cousin didn’t inform her of her wedding. She’s vulnerable and just wishing for warmth. Which she gets from Ray, who confesses that he harbors feelings for her….someone is getting it!
- At the wedding Charlie and Marnie have a very sweet encounter, which is very nice to see exes getting past the awkwardness while still harboring feelings for each other. These two will probably get together after they go off and explore others. I’m saying they’ll be back together in season 3.
- This episode was really intense for Hannah and Adam, once Marnie moved out the opportunity for them co inhabit together became a reality, one that Hannah in particular might not be ready for. At the wedding in particular it becomes apparent that Hannah is the one sabotaging her relationships even further when she forgoes Adams suggestion of living together when her ex gay boyfriend agrees to live with her. This of course sends Adam into a tail spin because clearly he is in love with her and clearly hurt by her dismissal of his proposal. Adam then has the realist moment of the season when he confesses his love for her and that her life isn’t as bad as she paints it out to be. I felt bad for Adam, because even though he can be crude at times he pure and true and an all around good guy. Oh and just when things couldn’t get worse for him, poor Adam is hit by a van… not like hit and die but like side swiped. Leaving Hannah out of his hospital trip she takes off on a metro with her leftovers. Of course the show wouldn’t be the show if something completely ridiculous happening to Hannah and we see her make her way to the beach where she indulges in a little bit of cake. UGH I can’t wait for next season!
Highlight of the nice for me? The guest were able to eat the wedding cake straight from the cake with forks. I mean how awesome and original is that? This girls wedding just kicked a lot of butt! When I find a pic I’ll post it!