Good morning fellow inmates, we are officially five days away from the weekend and sleeping in late, and eating everything (like I was this weekend.) However there were a couple of things that gave me conniptions this weekend and have put me in high spirits for the week. Here you go loves:
1. This photograph of Michael Phelps leaving the Olympic arena after winning his 22nd and final olympic medal in addition to a special trophy from some sort of speedo organization actually had me tear up. The enormity of this photograph is ridiculous, here is this man my age who is now the most decorated olympian of all time. ALL TIME. The ancient Greeks couldn’t have even imagine that a man could rise and live to the occasion as this one has time after time. He is simply the greatest.
2. This picture from the peeps at the Oatmeal has me cracking up about instagram.
3. I caught Total Recall this weekend, one word of advice… don’t catch Total Recall, I mean I’m not saying it’s horrible but I’m saying it’s more one of those movies that you watch on a vampire sunday. However I do have to say Colin Ferrell is pretty hot, and so is Kate Beckensdale (I think that’s how you spell, I could be making it up.) and Jessica Timberlake, well her face just bores me. Look I’m not saying it’s awful, I’m just saying it could have been a contender.
4. My mother has been
nagging advising me to start taking better care of my skin and investing in a good facial moisturizer, that way I can have skin as milky as hers in the future, I always just shrug it off and say I’m too young to worry…. boy was I wrong! This weekend while trolling the sales section at South Moon Under (yes I troll sale sections) I came across the deal of the summer. Hope in Jar by philosophy is a product that usually sells for a bit of money; well this size (2 OZ) goes for $30 bucks, and that’s a lot for just a facial moisturizer…well to me that’s a lot especially since I already shell out good money for a tinted moisturizer. Anyways it was on sale for about 20 bucks with an additional 30% off so I just had to buy it right? First thing, this stuff is amazing, my skin feels so soft and I’ve only been wearing it for 3 days, second it isn’t oily like most products and goes on very sheer and absorbs quickly. Now, I usually have very good skin but this stuff really does the job and keeps it feeling really fresh. I will admit the smell is a little odd, but it goes away really quickly and the lotion absorbs into your skin and stays there the whole day. It literally feels like my skin is just soaking it up! Overall an A+ purchase I highly recommend to all my ladies!
5. I love the fall, I love the fall so much I got extremely excited yesterday when I saw this Sam Adams Octoberfest 6 pack flirting with me at Trader Joes. I’m sorry for everyone that loves summer so much they hate what I’m saying, but there’s something so special about fall for me. It might be that it’s the most beautiful time of year, the air outside is just different, the colors are just amazing, football, and Gingerbread lattes make their triumphant return. Whatever I love fall.
6. It seems like every week I discover a song that has me bopping my head and this week it’s been Take a Walk by Passion Pit. I like this band and this has got to be my official favorite song, well for this week anyway.
Alright ladies and gents remember to keep your heads high this week, spirits on the up, and don’t mind the nay sayers because they don’t mean a thing.