The sky has been weary where I live, looking either a gorgeous summer blue or like Dementors are about to descend on all us muggles. However after the storms went away and the Virginian sky had time to settle this was image from my back porch, heres a little love to get your weekends going:
The beautiful bride wearing moms dress in a very beautiful, very spontaneous Central Park wedding
Four ways to jazz up an Avocado
Gorgeous side braid with a low bun…must figure out way to be more coordinated
Five tips to style a coffee table
Gold leaf paper mache bowls, and they are DIY
Adorable printed clad Kate christening a ship! She’s glowing! Love her
Omg can’t stop laughing at this Angry Cat!!!
I need this scalloped note card set
Coco Chanel’s French Villa, oh but a dream
The two most important days of your life
Can’t stop bopping along to this song
Photo cred: Yours Truly
Peonies, I love them everything about them. The meaning behind them makes them makes me love them more.
Cronuts! Croissantdoughnuts?!!! Is this real life?
My new favorite dress, and named after Carrie Bradshaw? Love this dress, it’s so cozy and flattering!
I need these Sea-Scalloped bowls for the food I don’t make
Hello yummy Green Hummus
Love for DM… for real
Love Primadonna by Marina and the Diamonds, so good.
Five things that will get your hump day going
5. Perfect Summer Deck Decor
4. How to wear a tunic shirt
3. Tips for staying fit at work
2. Ridiculously delicious looking superfood salad
1. This crazy cute photobombing of this piggy!
Happy Hump Day Loves!
I was hanging out with my folks this weekend and my father was showing me his new office. Well his old office, but to be fair my parents they have been gutting their house out for quite sometime. Today I got to see the office which had a complete transformation, it looks fabulous, with built-in hanging cabinets and wood floors. My parents have a pretty great eye for furniture and decorating, so it’s always neat to see what they do next and it’s always amazing to me what they find here and there. Before leaving I noticed an addition to the dinning room table, actually the only non matching item in that room a gorgeous federal style wooden chair. As I gawked at it my mother said oh you can have that one, we aren’t going to be using it, UM Yes Please! Thank you! In all reality I needed a new chair for my desk at home, so I was all to glad that my mom handed it over. My father packed up in my car and I brought it home, as I was unloading the chair from the car I noticed that it was labeled from the Ethan Allen collection and was taken aback to notice up close the beautiful craftsmanship the chair actually has. When I rang my mom to ask her if she knew where the chair had come from she just chuckled and said dad has basically found it and cleaned it off. How wonderful is that? Also how beautiful is this chair? Should I keep it in its orginal state, or should I transform it into something new? Well by that I mean a little paint? Um…. what to do. But really what a find!
Get it Tina Fey
These next five post were the most popular this site saw all year as determined with the hits they received this year!
5. Home Sweet Home: Whitney and Jon
4. The Things that made a child of the 90′s awesome.
3. All the single ladies: Wedding Addition
2. Sweat is just fat crying?….. My fat must be sobbing
1. This one was written as a bit of satire, but it’s the most popular article on this blog. I hope it helps everyones pictures: Girls and the Skinny Arm Pose
A little smeared sky… swoon.
Ok, who is Harry Styles?
Besides Taylor Swifts next victim. Look I love me some Tay Tay, her music usually relates to some piece of work that I’ve dated in the past, but girlfriend needs to slow it down or soon she’ll have dated everyone in America. Any who happy hump day my good folks!
My lips needed a little TLC this week due to the harsh weather last week, luckily I had gotten a great DIY recipe from Honestly WTF for a wonderfully yummy and simple lip scrub. So simple and yet so wonderful!
I really need to get a slow cooker so I can make serious nom noms like this Balsamic Roast Beef! Thanks Whitney for pinning it!
I couldn’t post it on here, so I put it on my Tumblr… but this picture of John Krasinski and Will Arnett might be the greatest thing I’ve ever seen!
Seriously in love with the Turnlock Katie bracelet by Marc by Marc Jacobs…did that just make sense? Anyways it’s divine, classic yet modern!
Live in Northern Virginia? Head over the Old Lucketts Store Holiday Design house this weekend where holiday items will be 25% off, and all other items in the design house will be 15%. Um fab steal!
I’m in love with Mumford and Sons, this song is one of the reasons why. Happy Wednesday loves!-DM
Picture Source Honestly WTF
I have long been in love with Tufted furniture, from Chesterfield sofas to simple headboards, there is just something so elegant about the style. I think the style all together adds something to the ascetics of any room they are placed in. Tufted furniture also keeps it’s look over time, whereas most furniture tends to sag, or need “face lifts” if you will tuft items keep up with time. Tuft furniture has the tendency to be a little pricey, but it has become a very popular do it yourself (DIY) in recent years. Little Green Notebook has a very detailed step by step demonstration that is really fantastic for anyone looking to create a tufted headboard.
Overall the style brings elegance to the rooms it occupies with a flare of the chic and modern when combined with post mid-century elements. For me especially it’s like they add a certain romance to the room.
Picture Sources 1: Design Trolls /Picture source 2: Little Green Notebook
More ideas on decor visit my Pinterest Home Decor board.
Ahoy inmates, happy friday to you all! This week well it’s been one of those weeks that I’m happy is almost over. Truth and time tells all, oh Justin Bobby to quote Lauren Conrad “A Man so great he needed two names.” Here are a couple of things that inspired me this week:
Mindy Kaling on friendship. I’ve written about here before but this absolutely took my breath away and made my eyes well up this morning. Mindy was interviewed by Vulture and she recounted the story of her mother’s advice to her, which is ‘You have to be your own best friend. If you always remember that, you will always have someone there with you.’” How wonderful is that advice? We often forget that not should we be good friends to others, but that we must be good friends to ourselves.
Ryan Gosling was beat by Channing Tatum for sexiest man alive! Let me break it down on why Ryan deserves this title.
How to style your coffee table, Please everyone read this. Just do it.
Honey Boo Boo Explains it all tumblr… YES PLEASE.
It just takes some time little girl, in the middle out the right…. This song has lived in my heart for the past decade.
Internet has pretty much not been good at work today, so this is short and sweet. Enjoy your weekends loves!
Very recently one of my girlfriends Whitney made her big move to Boston with her boyfriend of five years Jon. Whitney and Jon are probably one of the funnest couples I’ve met, they are absolutely picture perfect and their apartment is nothing short of extraordinary for their first home. I had been meaning to start a segment on this blog about first homes, since so many of my friends, including myself, are now starting to ground our feet in homes we love. So I asked Whitney a couple of days ago if I could feature her fabulous pad on Elements of Coco after seeing the stunning results, and lucky for us she said yes. Whitney was also gracious enough to tell me what her style inspirations were, the direction she took, and all about her over all execution. Enjoy! Continue reading
IT’S HERE IT’S HERE IT’S HERE!!!! Clearly I’m very happy about the weekend finally being here. Per usual it’s probably going to be a very busy weekend. Crossing my fingers I get some facetime with the pool! With so much going on lately I’m quite positive I’m going to be posting a lot once I get around to it. Here is some awesomeness that caused me to stop everything this week:
1. Gabby Douglas!!! How much tush did this girl kick this week? Not only did she help ensure USA Gymnastics clench the gold medal for the first time in 16 years, but she went on to take the all around last night! This girl is pure amazingness, especially considering she just really got on the olympic route two years ago when she joined Liang Chow’s gym in Iowa. Chow who trained Shawn Johnson was apprehensive of taking Gabby on, but boy did it pay off!!!! It was also really amazing to see Mary Lou Retton, Carly Patterson and Nastia Lukin there last night to welcome her to the All Around gold medal club!
2. I am addicted to the beauty line Lush, everything is handmade and all natural. You can actually smell the real stuff in there. For the most part the line is vegan and just leaves your body, face, even hair feeling ridiculous fresh! Last week I popped in there to stock up on soap and I was slightly disappointed that they were out of stock me usual go to. So I went with their new Sexy Peel soap, and it’s incredible!!!!! It’s citrisy and it smells amazing, also I notice that the smell resonates through out my bathroom. Over all amazingness every time I shower!
3. From the NOVA area? What are you doing on saturday? If you happen to be near Fairfax Corner the BBQ Brawl is taking place there this weekend, the event runs from 3-5 PM on Saturday and will have some of the top BBQ places in the area battling it out for top prize. Now I have a deep love for BBQ and I’m trying to find time in my schedule to walk over, I’m going to be all sorts of sad when I am not stuffing myself with BBQ.
4. Currently redecorating my room, loving this bedspread from West Elm. What do we think?
5. I have the biggest girl crush on Sarah Vickers from Classy Girls Wear Pearls… I gasp every time she posts one of her outfits!!!
6. A song to kick off your weekend:
Alright betches have a fantabulous weekend!!!