Weddings are all about various styles, based on the tastes of the wedding couple. There are some who like wrestling themes and Star Wars themes. Other people prefer a traditional wedding that can be remembered for a long time so they stay the traditional route (i.e. white wedding dress, a church and a well dressed hunk of a man!).
There there’s a rustic wedding. What exactly is a rustic wedding? It’s a wedding that emphasizes nature and anything organic (trees and bark). One could say it’s a David Thoreau type of wedding. You could even say it’s a tree hugger wedding. However, you define it – rustic weddings are a niche of its own and deserves attention from professional wedding videographers and couples looking for a unique style.
The most important part of a wedding is the ceremony because it is the time that the couple will be able to share their love for one another and make a vow to stick together through thick and thin. Some couples may opt to spend a small amount on their wedding in order to have savings for life after the “I dos”. This is where budget wedding ideas come in handy. We will go over some great decorative ideas for the rustic bridal couple that will make a bang without hurting the budget.
Look at these interesting budget wedding ideas to be used for the ceremony or reception area:
- Glass jars. The ideas that you can come up to utilize these glass jars is endless. If you want a centerpiece, you can gather different sizes and shapes together. Insert sand into the jars and place a candle in the middle.
- Corks. Gather corks together and intertwine wire into it. This is easily made into table card holders. It is simple yet elegant.
- Barrels. There are a lot of things you can do with these too. You can use different sized barrels for a side of your reception area. This definitely speaks of a rustic feel. You can also fill up the barrels with ice and use them as coolers for your drinks.
- Candles. You cannot go wrong with candles to create a romantic ambiance. Place some small candles along the lawn in the shape of a heart. This is not only captivating to the eye, but it makes a great picture too.
- Herbs. Get some cute little herbs that you can very well plant yourself and place them at the centre of the table. Not only will it make a table centrepiece but it can also be used as a wedding favour that guests can pick up on the way home.
- Rustic Wedding Cards. You can use classic white white or be adventurous and go with peach, highlighted by light brown to match the nature setting of your wedding. If in doubt, think of the type of design that would catch the eye of a David Thoreau type of person.
- Vintage books. These can actually be rented in specialty shops. These are also quite popular for rustic weddings. It adds a distinct color and classical style to the wedding. You can adorn the tables with them. You can put the wedding cards on them. They are a versatile piece that would work well in rustic weddings.
- Mismatching chairs. Having a rustic wedding is being different. A great way to accentuate the uniqueness of this style is to forego matching chairs. Add white long chairs. Add brown chairs. Have fun in designing your set.
- Old suitcases and carts. Another option to create that rustic look is to throw in old, ragged luggage as part of the decor. You can easily get crates from old warehouses in your neighborhood, or find an antique shop willing to rent or sell you several on the cheap. If that doesn’t work, there’s always eBay and other online stores to get what you need. This is the advantage of being in the Internet Age.
Hopefully, these ideas will help you get started on planning for a rustic wedding. It’s definitely a unique style of wedding. If you can get all the items above, then great! However, most likely you’ll have to pick and choose what to bring to the wedding. Any combination above will ensure that you’ll have an amazing rustic wedding.